Monday, January 2, 2012

Student Loan Total: January 2012

As we previously discussed, in my first post, DH and I have mondo student loans.  We owe more money for education than most people owe for their house.  So I thought I would break the student loans down by who we owe and how much we owe.  That way I can give a running cumulative total as we track the progress.

Student Loan People #1:  $1779.49
Student Loan People #2:  $18,562.89

Direct Loans #1:  $20,997.42
Direct Loans #2:  $63,319.09

Chase Private Loan:  $7,300.92
Wells Fargo Private Loan:  $46,072.17


Which all adds up to a GRAND TOTAL of :  $158,031.98 


Hope you all are ready for a long ride in paying these bad boys off.  A long the way, I hope we can all share some encouragement amongst one another.  I will be sharing ways that we are actively trying to pay down this debt and share some of my favorite blogs/financial books with you.


So, have you done your debt calculation?  Feel free to share in the comment box below if you have any financial goals for 2012, or if you have any questions for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment