Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Meal Plan 1.08.12-1.14.12

I am trying to become more organized and proactive within our home in order to save more money.  So I am attempting something that has never been done before in our household . . . weekly menu planning.  It makes sense right?  Schools plan their menus, prisons plan their menus, and we well, look in the cabinets and fridge, decide nothing looks that great and decide to hit the drive thru for some fast food.  (BTW-This is not a budget friendly habit).

This week I will start off small and only plan for dinners.  Next week, I will plan for both breakfasts and lunches. Note-Dinner is the time when we normally screw up and go to a restaurant.  So I am not super concerned about those right now.  So here is my very first menu plan!


Sunday

-Swedish meatballs and pasta (I already have all of the ingredients)

Monday

-Spaghetti and Meatballs with Salad

Tuesday

-Crockpot chicken breast with diced tomatoes and rotel, served as tacos with sour cream, lettuce, and cheese

Wednesday

-Fish sticks and mac 'n' cheese

Thursday

-Pinto beans, ham, and cornbread

Friday

-Baked Ziti with Salad and breadsticks

Saturday

-Italian Baked Chicken with Salad and breadsticks


Hopefully, I will begin to see some savings by cooking at home instead of going out to eat.  All money saved from this experiment will go towards paying off wells fargo!  I will be posting my recipes during the week so please check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment